Periodically, I'll be writing about blockbuster movies celebrating anniversaries this summer. On this date in 1982, “The Secret of NIMH” premiered on the big screen.
This G-rated, animated family gem featured a field mouse trying to save her ill son with the help from a colony of super-intelligent rats.
How well do you know the cast who provided the voices?
1. Derek Jacobi provided the voice to Nicodemus. He recently starred in the 2010 Best Motion Picture of the Year. Can you name the film?
2. Elizabeth Hartman won the Golden Globe for Most Promising Newcomer — Female for which 1965 film?
3. This actor provided the voice to Jeremy, but he also starred with Burt Reynolds in the films “The Cannonball Run” and “Smokey and the Bandit II.” Name him.
4. Which actress starred as Mrs. Nell Naugatuck on the TV series “Maude?”
5. This actress is a “90210” alum. Name her.
6. Peter Strauss received Emmy nominations for his portrayal of Rudy Jordache on which 1970s miniseries?
7. The actor who provided the voice to the Great Owl also was a great producer of actors. Name his three famous sons. Hint: “Kung Fu.”
Answers: 1. “The King's Speech.” 2. “A Patch of Blue.” 3. Dom DeLuise. 4. Hermione Baddeley. 5. Shannen Doherty. 6. “Rich Man, Poor Man.” 7. David, Keith and Robert Carradine.