After fantastic weather for the first three weeks of the high school football season, the rain pushed almost everyone around Friday night.
A couple of games were called early, one was canceled completely and seven games were suspended and pushed back to be finished today.
Though Leo was leading Muncie South 7-6 midway through the second quarter in Muncie when lightning knocked the power out of the stadium and stopped play. The game was declared a no contest and will not be rescheduled.
Among the other games that will be re-started today:
* North Side leads at Wayne 19-9 in the third quarter and will begin at 11 a.m.
* South Side leads at Concordia 20-18 with one minute remaining in the third quarter. Play will resume at Noon.
* Host New Haven leads against Carroll 20-7 with five minutes left in the third quarter. The game will re-start at 3 p.m.
* Garrett has to make the long drive back to Adams Central again for a 3 p.m. resumption of play, but at least the Railroaders can look forward to trying to protect at 21-0 lead.
* Bluffton is trying to go 4-0 for the first time since 1982, and the Tigers are leading at home against Woodlan 14-8. That game will start again at 10 a.m.
* Huntington North leads at home against Kokomo 13-7 after the first quarter. The Vikings will try to add to their lead starting at 1 p.m.
* There are also regularly-scheduled games with Snider hosting Penn at Spuller Stadium at 7 p.m. and Southern Wells hosting Fremont at Eastbrook at 7:30 p.m.