Meryl Streep. How ironic tonight's TV listings feature one of her most recent films, “Julie & Julia” (2009), which airs at 8 p.m. on E!
Streep's first film included one of the above-titled names: “Julia” (1977). While I would be apt to say she's come full circle, she continues to punch out film after film, great performance after great performance.
Let's take a look at Streep's prolific career:
1. How many Academy Awards did Streep win? And for what roles?
2. How many times has Streep been nominated for an Academy Award?
3. Before “Sophie's Choice,” Streep co-starred in a critically acclaimed TV miniseries about World War II. Can you name the TV miniseries?
4. Streep portrayed this real-life metallurgy worker who was contaminated with plutonium.
5. Streep learned to play the violin six hours every day for eight weeks to prepare for which role?
6. Name the film that snapped Streep's five-year Academy Award nomination drought.
7. Streep used the same pair of sunglasses in two films. Can you name them?
Answers: 1. Three, winning for “Kramer vs. Kramer” (1979), “Sophie's Choice” (1982) and “The Iron Lady” (2011). 2. 17 times. 3. “Holocaust” (1978). 4. Karen Silkwood. 5. Roberta Guaspari in “Music of the Heart” (1999). 6. “The Bridges of Madison County” (1994). 7. “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006) and “Mama Mia!” (2008).