Actress Loretta Swit turned 75 on Nov. 4. Most notable for her portrayal of Maj. Margaret Houlihan on “M*A*S*H,” she is preparing to appear in the stage play “One November Yankee” with Harry Hamlin.
In honor of Swit's birthday, here is a quiz about her. You can watch her at 6 p.m. weeknights on “M*A*S*H” on TVLand.
1. What was Houlihan's nickname on “M*A*S*H?”
2. She starred in which TV pilot about two women detectives?
3. She hosted which cable-TV wildlife series?
4. Swit was briefly married to this actor who made one guest appearance on “M*A*S*H.”
5. Swit received how many Emmy nominations? How many wins?
6. She co-starred in this 1979 TV movie about a baby's skeleton found in the ruins of a sorority house.
7. In one of her first starring roles, Swit played the classmate of which “Mission: Impossible” character?
8. She co-starred with Julie Andrews in this Blake Edwards film?
9. She wrote a book about what topic?
10. She co-starred with Peter Fonda in this 1975 film about two vacationing couples who witness a murder.
Answers: 1. Hot Lips. 2. “Cagney & Lacey.” 3. “Those Incredible Animals.” 4. Dennis Holahan. 5. Swit received 10 nominations for her work on “M*A*S*H” and won twice. 6. “Friendships, Secrets and Lies.” 7. Jim Phelps. 8. “S.O.B.” 9. Needlepoint. 10. “Race with the Devil.”