FortWayne.com
 
  Text size  Increase text sizeDecrease text size      
Last updated: Mon. Nov. 26, 2012 - 12:48 pm EDT

Fire in Fort Wayne apartment building ruled accidental

MORE ARTICLES
DISCUSS
Comments
 

A Sunday morning fire in an apartment building that sent one person to the hospital and displaced dozens more has been ruled an accident, started by a malfunctioning light fixture.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department said in a news release Monday that the fire was electrical in nature at Baldwin Creek Apartments' building at 1920 Hobson Road, building F.

About 40 people were rescued or safely escaped from the blaze, which was reported around 7:59 a.m. One person was in good condition after being taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.


Comments
 
Wednesday
Wednesday
High 58 °F
Low 42 °F
58 °F
A Few Clouds
Sponsored by Masters Heating & Cooling, Inc.
THIS WEEKS DEAL
Weekly Deal
Chop Shop Full Service Hair Repair
 Mini Facial and 30 minute Relaxation Massage 
 Mani Pedi combo 
THIS WEEK ONLY
$25.00
55% off!
LOCAL BUSINESS SEARCH
Local Search
FeaturedMore
Things To Do

STOCK SUMMARY
Dow 16501.65-12.72
Nasdaq 4126.97-34.49
S&P 500 1875.39-4.16
AEP 51.90+0.23
Comcast 51.21+0.38
GE 26.42-0.16
ITT Exelis 18.80+0.01
LNC 48.80+0.30
Navistar 35.36+0.30
Raytheon 100.23+0.73
SDI 18.55+0.36
Verizon 47.43-0.49
  Stock Sponsor