FortWayne.com
 
  Text size  Increase text sizeDecrease text size      
Posted on Wed. Jan. 02, 2013 - 12:02 am EDT

Fireplace blamed in north-side blaze

Flames in a wall behind a fireplace damaged a house on Fort Wayne’s north side early Tuesday, according to the city fire department.

Firefighters were sent to 1837 Howell St. about 2:30 a.m., and they found smoke throughout the two-story house.

A fire was discovered in a wall behind the fireplace, and firefighters brought the flames under control just after 3 a.m. An adult evacuated the home without help from firefighters. No injuries were reported.

The fire, which caused minor damage, is under investigation.

aingersoll@jg.net


Friday
Friday
High 24 °F
Low 19 °F
25 °F
A Few Clouds
Sponsored by Masters Heating & Cooling, Inc.
LOCAL BUSINESS SEARCH
Local Search
STOCK SUMMARY
Dow 17416.85225.48
Nasdaq 4683.4145.41
S&P 500 2021.25+19.09
AEP 63.72+0.34
Comcast 53.87-0.72
GE 24.08+0.24
ITT Exelis 17.46+0.16
LNC 51.48+0.84
Navistar 30.34+0.84
Raytheon 102.00-2.57
SDI 16.935-0.765
Verizon 46.11+0.06
  Stock Sponsor