FortWayne.com
 
  Text size  Increase text sizeDecrease text size      
Posted on Mon. Jan. 14, 2013 - 12:16 am EDT

Apartment fire began in kitchen

MORE ARTICLES

A kitchen fire caused heavy smoke damage early Sunday at an apartment complex in northeast Fort Wayne, the city fire department said.

Firefighters were sent to 5210 Stonehedge Blvd. about 2:20 a.m. and found smoke coming from a first-floor apartment in a three-story building.

Firefighters extinguished a blaze that started on a stove in the apartment. The fire was under control by 2:50 a.m., the department said.

Eleven neighboring apartments were evacuated, and all the residents escaped without injury.

A ladder was used to bring some residents down from a second-floor balcony, the department said.

aingersoll@jg.net


Saturday
Saturday
High 63 °F
Low 36 °F
44 °F
Fair
Sponsored by Masters Heating & Cooling, Inc.
THIS WEEKS DEAL
Weekly Deal
Lush Hair Artistry
Half-Off  partial hi-light with Jennifer at Lush Hair Artistry ($90 value)
THIS WEEK ONLY
$45.00
50% off!
LOCAL BUSINESS SEARCH
Local Search
FeaturedMore
Things To Do

STOCK SUMMARY
Dow 16408.54-16.31
Nasdaq 4095.529.29
S&P 500 1864.85+2.54
AEP 51.73-0.77
Comcast 49.10-0.07
GE 26.56+0.44
ITT Exelis 18.78+0.18
LNC 48.07+0.44
Navistar 34.00-0.79
Raytheon 100.13+1.10
SDI 18.00-0.90
Verizon 47.60+0.50
  Stock Sponsor