FortWayne.com
 
  Text size  Increase text sizeDecrease text size      
Posted on Mon. Jan. 14, 2013 - 12:16 am EDT

High-voltage gear blamed for blaze

MORE ARTICLES

Fire crews were dispatched at 5:08 p.m. Sunday to Mullinix Packages at 3511 Engle Road, near Ardmore Avenue.

About 100 employees safely evacuated the one-story building before the fire department arrived, the department said.

Firefighters found a fire in high-voltage electrical equipment, which ignited some material stored nearby.

They waited for an Indiana Michigan Power crew to arrive and shut down the power before extinguishing the fire.

The building’s sprinkler system kept the fire from spreading, the department said.

The blaze caused moderate damage, and no injuries were reported.


Thursday
Thursday
High 66 °F
Low 48 °F
57 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Sponsored by Masters Heating & Cooling, Inc.
THIS WEEKS DEAL
Weekly Deal
Chop Shop Full Service Hair Repair
 Mini Facial and 30 minute Relaxation Massage 
 Mani Pedi combo 
THIS WEEK ONLY
$25.00
55% off!
LOCAL BUSINESS SEARCH
Local Search
FeaturedMore
Things To Do

STOCK SUMMARY
Dow 16520.5818.93
Nasdaq 4154.8027.83
S&P 500 1881.18+5.79
AEP 52.22+0.32
Comcast 51.39+0.18
GE 26.567+0.147
ITT Exelis 18.95+0.15
LNC 48.635-0.165
Navistar 37.04+1.68
Raytheon 96.45-3.78
SDI 18.64+0.09
Verizon 46.2173-1.2127
  Stock Sponsor