One of my favorite actresses appears on TV tonight in “Baby Face” at 8 p.m. on TCM.
That would be Barbara Stanwyck, and she stars with George Brent, Donald Cook and John Wayne. In this film, Stanwyck uses men as stepping stones to success.
Here is a quiz regarding Stanwyck's acting career.
1. Stanwyck played the matriarch on a popular TV western. Name her character and the show.
2. What is her birth name?
3. In 1983, Stanwyck received an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or a Special for her performance in which miniseries?
4. During her acceptance speech for this Emmy, Stanwyck recognized the nomination of another actress who Stanwyck felt should have received the award. Who was this actress and what was the name of the TV movie?
5. She starred as Constance Colby Patterson on which two TV series?
6. Stanwyck starred opposite this actor in “Double Indemnity.”
7. She starred with Elvis Presley in which 1964 film?
8. She was the star of which 1960 TV series?
9. She was married to two actors. Name them.
Answers: 1. Victoria Barkley, and the series was “The Big Valley.” 2. Ruby Stevens. 3. “The Thorn Birds.” 4. Ann-Margret starred in “Who Will Love My Children?” 5. “Dynasty” and “The Colbys.” 6. Fred MacMurray. 7. “Roustabout.” 8. “The Barbara Stanwyck Show.” 9. Frank Fay and Robert Taylor.