The latest Entertainment Weekly cover features Sandra Bullock in a white, floor-length gown pulling aside white curtains. Bullock was named 2013 Entertainer of the Year by the magazine.
Bullock is one of my husband's most favorite actresses, and both of us have seen quite a few of her films. We watched the most recent film, “Gravity,” while we were in Indianapolis one day (he just had to see it on IMAX).
While he usually is well aware of the next Bullock film to hit theaters, one time the kids and I managed to surprise him by taking him to see “The Blind Side” before he could mention the idea first. It's one of his favorites, and he watches that film every time it is on TV.
Here is a short quiz about Bullock's career.
1. Before making it big in film, she starred as Tess McGill on this 1990 TV series?
2. She was a computer programmer whose life was in danger in this film?
3. She was a police officer in this futuristic film with Sylvester Stallone.
4. Which film catapulted her to stardom? Hint: It produced a 1997 sequel.
5. Bullock actually went into a rehabilitation center to prepare for her role in which film?
6. She played a prejudiced upperclass woman in which 2004 film that interwove many story lines into one?
Answers: 1. “Working Girl.” 2. “The Net” (1995). 3. “Demolition Man” (1993). 4. “Speed” (1994). 5. “28 Days” (2000). 6. “Crash.”