- The Indiana Department of Transportation announced an emergency closure of I-65 for both northbound and southbound lanes. The Interstate is closed between U.S. 30 in Merrillville and mile marker 172 in Lafayette. There is no timeframe for when I-65 will reopen.
I-94, which closed in tandem with I-65 Sunday night, will remain open.
Drivers in Northwest Indiana can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts at any time via the District's social media channels: www.Facebook.com/INDOTNorthwest or Twitter @INDOTNorthwest. Or visit http://www.trafficwise.in.gov for INDOT's TrafficWise Traveler Information Service.
- Fort Wayne and all Allen County schools are closed today. The Southwest Allen County Schools School Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday has been rescheduled to Thursday.
- East Noble Schools will be closed today.
- IPFW will be closed today to all but essential employees.
- No classes at Ball State University or the Indiana Academy today. Burris will be closed today. Classes will resume as scheduled starting at 7 a.m. Wednesday. Ball State remains closed until 11 a.m. today. Essential employees should report as normal. University offices will open at 11 a.m. at which time employees should return to work.
- Ivy Tech Ivy Tech Northeast closed today.
- The University of Saint Francis Fort Wayne Campus closed until noon today. All activities beginning at noon or later will proceed as scheduled.
- Taylor University campus closed today. The Zondervan Library will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and the Kesler Center (KSAC) will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Shuttle service will be provided for on-campus students, faculty and staff members.
- Classes canceled on the North Manchester campus of Manchester University today. Critical staff is to report to work. The College of Pharmacy is closed today.
- City of Fort Wayne and Allen County offices will be open today and employees should report for work. For updates, click here.
- Today's Merit Commission meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled. Next meeting will take place Tuesday, February 4, 2014.
- Monday's New Haven Park Board meeting has been rescheduled for Wednesday.
- Many counties in northeast Indiana are currently under a "Watch" or "Warning" status, limiting travel to essential or emergency purposes, respectively. To see an updated map of county travel advisories provided by each county's emergency management agency, go to http://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory.
- LaGrange County offices will be closed today.
- All county-level offices in Paulding County will be closed today.
- Noble County commissioners have called for all county offices to be closed today. The travel advisory has been extended.
- Kendallville remains in the warning status until Noon today. Travel on city streets restricted to authorized vehicles only.
- Steuben County Snow Emergency status will be re-evaluated at 9:00 AM today. An update will be as to the conditions of the roads and status of the emergency.
- Level 1 Weather Emergency remains in effect for DeKalb County until further notice. County offices will remain closed today. Emergency traffic only on roadways.
- All Indiana state government offices across the state where public business is conducted will open at 10 a.m. today.
- Indiana appellate court will open at 1 p.m. today.
- Citilink will operate its regular weekday schedule Fixed Route and Access service on today. For travel emergencies call 432-4546.
- Intercity bus service to and from Citilink Central Station, operated by Greyhound, Miller & Baron was suspended/delayed on Monday. For service updates contact Greyhound customer service at 800-231-2222.
- Fort Wayne will have no trash or recycling collection today.
- The Huntington City Building will not be open today. Monday and today's trash collection this will week will take place on today.
- The Fort Wayne Plan Commission has postponed its public hearing set for 6 p.m. Monday at Citizens Square. The hearing has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. Jan. 13 at Citizens Square.
- The Tuesday meetings of the Bluffton Common Council and the Board of Public Works and Safety have been canceled. The meetings will not be rescheduled.
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development Offices and some WorkOne centers will open at 10:00 a.m. today. Hoosiers can visit www.workoneworks.com to find the contact information for their local WorkOne and call after 10:00 a.m. to find out if the local WorkOne is open. WorkOne centers in active weather emergency counties will most likely be closed today. Unemployment insurance benefit payments will continue as normal.
- The Weather Emergency for the City of Bluffton, Indiana has expired. High winds and extremely low temperatures still make travel hazardous. Here is the latest information regarding Bluffton's Trash/Recycling collection:
If your usual day is Mon., your trash and recycling will be collected next Mon., Jan. 13. If your usual day is Tues., your trash and recycling will be collected on Thurs., Jan. 9. If your usual day is Wed., your trash and recycling will be collected on Fri., Jan. 10.
- Science Central in Fort Wayne Half-Pint Science and Afternoon Science scheduled for today have been canceled and will be rescheduled later this month.
- Animal Care Teens is canceled for today at Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control.
- GM 1st shift is to report at their normally scheduled times today. For up-to-date information on GM Fort Wayne Assembly Operations, call 1-866-503-7755.
- GM Marion Metal Center asks 1st shift employees to arrive at 10 a.m. on today if they can do so safely. All other shifts will begin at normally scheduled times.
- Parkview Physicians Group-Whitley County is closed today.
- The stroke support group meeting today at the Rehab Hospital has been canceled.
- American Red Cross blood drives canceled today at the First United Methodist Church in Auburn.
- The Business Health Services clinic in Auburn closed today. This is for the BHS clinic in Auburn only.
- The RediMed urgent care clinic in Huntington closed today. Individuals with medical emergencies are urged to call 9-1-1. This closing is for the Huntington clinic only.
- Indiana Physical Therapy Allen County offices open as normal, Angola and Auburn offices will open at Noon, Bluffton, Huntington and Warsaw offices are closed today.
- The Paulding Chamber ribbon cutting for Real Waste Disposal canceled for today and rescheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, 106 E Jackson St.
- The Fort Wayne Komets' game vs. Kalamazoo on Sunday night postponed until Wednesday, Jan. 8th, at 7 p.m. All tickets from Sunday's canceled game will be honored.
- Freedom Indiana, an opponent of an amendment to the Indiana Constitution defining marriage, postponed a Monday evening rally at the Indianapolis Artsgarden. Vigil that was scheduled to be held Sunday will be held next Sunday at same location. A new date for the rally will be announced at a later date.
- The Allen County SPCA will reopen at 11 a.m. today.
- HOPE for Animals in Fort Wayne closed today. Allen County ProFed Federal Credit Union branches will open at 12:00 p.m. noon Tuesday, January 7. All other branches will remain closed. I can be reached by cell at 515-9132.
- Finding Me Now childcare center will be closed Tuesday.
- The HPC meeting for Historic Preservation Commission meeting canceled today.
- Headwaters Park Ice Skating Rink closed today. The rink will reopen to the public on Wednesday at Noon.
- Southwest Allen County Schools School Board meeting scheduled for today, has been rescheduled to Thursday, January 9, 2014.