In honor of the 2014 Winter Olympics taking place in Sochi, Russia, here is another quiz about past games and athletes who made history.
1. Who won his second short track speedskating gold medal at the 2006 Winter Olympics?
2. Who performed the first triple loop jump in men's figure skating free skate program at the 1952 World Olympics?
3. Name the French sisters who finished first and second in the slalom and the giant slalom in alpine skiing at the 1964 Winter Olympics.
4. What sport made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Winter Olympics?
5. What country did Katarina Witt represent at the 1984 and 1988 Winter Olympics?
6. Who coached the 1980 U.S. men's hockey team?
7. Women's hockey appeared for the first time at which Olympics? And who won the first gold medal in that sport?
8. Eric Heiden won how many gold medals for speedskating at the 1980 Winter Olympics?
9. Jean-Claude Killy won how many gold medals in alpine skiing at the 1968 Winter Olympics?
10. Who was the only U.S. athlete to receive a gold medal at the 1968 Winter Olympics?
Answers: 1. Apolo Anton Ohno. 2. Dick Button, and he won the gold medal. 3. Christine and Marielle Goitschel. 4. Luge. 5. East Germany. 6. Herb Brooks. 7. 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan, and the United States won gold. 8. Five. 9. Three, in downhill, giant slalom and slalom. 10. Peggy Fleming, ladies' figure skating.