“Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” Yep! You’ve guessed it. “Forrest Gump” must be on the TV schedule. Yep! It is … at 7 tonight on AMC. Tom Hanks plays a man who stumbles through the most historic moments of our time.
Hanks won an Oscar for that role, and, yep, here is a quiz to honor him and his career.
1. Hanks made history when he won that Oscar for Best Actor because he was only the second actor ever (at that time) to win back-to-back Best Actor Oscars. Who was the first actor?
2. Hanks is related to which former U.S. president?
3. One of Hanks’ earliest TV appearances featured him in drag. What was the name of the TV show?
4. What was his character name on “Family Ties?”
5. Who directed “Big?”
6. Who wrote the novel “The Green Mile” was based upon?
7. In 1998, Hanks executive produced which TV miniseries about the space program?
8. Hanks marked his directorial debut with which TV series?
9. In “Toy Story,” what is written on the bottom of Woody’s boot?
10. What was so notable about Hanks’ trip while scouting locations for “Band of Brothers?”
11. How many times has Hanks been nominated for an Academy Award?
12. Who was his co-star in “The Money Pit?”
Answers: 1. Spencer Tracy. 2. Abraham Lincoln. 3. “Bosom Buddies.” 4. Uncle Ned Donnelly. 5. Penny Marshall. 6. Stephen King. 7. “From the Earth to the Moon.” 8. “Tales from the Crypt.” 9. Andy. 10. He dislocated his shoulder when he fell through a rotting floor in one of the buildings. 11. Five. 12. Shelley Long.