FortWayne.com
 
  Text size  Increase text sizeDecrease text size      
Last updated: Mon. May. 12, 2014 - 02:38 pm EDT

Boy saved in house fire

Hiding in cabinet; 2 go to hospital

PHOTOS
 
Click on image to view.

A young boy was rescued from a home on the city’s southeast side Sunday evening after a fire broke out in the two-story house.

Firefighters responded to a call about a house fire at 1328 McKee St. about 8 p.m.

The fire began on the second story of the home, according to Fort Wayne Fire Department Battalion Chief Dennis Maxwell.

A woman told firefighters her 4-year-old son was missing and she thought he was still inside the house.

Firefighters found the boy hiding inside an entertainment center cabinet on the first floor and removed him from the home, Maxwell said.

The boy and his mother were transported to a hospital to be treated for mild smoke inhalation but were in good condition, Maxwell said.

Firefighters had the fire under control in about 11 minutes, he said.

jcrothers@jg.net


Tuesday
Tuesday
High 80 °F
Low 68 °F
70 °F
Light Rain Fog/Mist
Sponsored by Masters Heating & Cooling, Inc.
LOCAL BUSINESS SEARCH
Local Search
FeaturedMore
Things To Do

STOCK SUMMARY
Dow 17098.4518.88
Nasdaq 4580.2722.58
S&P 500 2003.37+6.63
AEP 53.70+0.38
Comcast 54.72+0.20
GE 25.98-0.03
ITT Exelis 17.19+0.02
LNC 55.04+0.38
Navistar 37.71-0.12
Raytheon 96.34+0.30
SDI 23.24+0.10
Verizon 49.82+0.41
  Stock Sponsor