This gritty 1993 drama, "Alive," focuses on a Uruguayan rugby team's struggle to survive after its plane crashes in the Andes Mountains. It airs at 8 tonight on FLIX East, a Showtime channel. The film stars Ethan Hawke, Vincent Spano and Josh Hamilton. John Malkovich narrates the drama.
Take this quiz on other movies about planes.
1. George Clooney played a traveling businessman who flew across the country to fire corporate employees in which 2009 film?
2. What was Val Kilmer's nickname in "Top Gun?"
3. Harrison Ford yelled, "Get off my plane," to terrorists in which film?
4. Leslie Nielsen appeared in which airline spoof?
5. Leonardo DiCaprio starred as Howard Hughes in which film?
6. DiCaprio also starred in the true story, "Catch Me If You Can," as a forgery expert who also sneaked aboard planes as a pilot. Can you name the real-life forgery expert DiCaprio portrayed?
7. Halle Berry played a flight attendant who fights off terrorists aboard her plane in which film?
8. Denzel Washington played a pilot in which 2012 film?
Answers: 1. "Up in the Air." 2. Ice Man. 3. "Air Force One." 4. "Airplane!" 5. "The Aviator." 6. Frank Abagnale. 7. "Executive Decision." 8. "Flight."