And then there were four — contestants, that is, vying to be the next “Food Network Star,” which airs at 9 p.m. Sunday. This is the 10th season.
The contestants went to the Big Apple to do “live” reports from a restaurant or shop, and then offered food advice on the “Rachael Ray Show.” Loreal Gavin was eliminated, and now game on for the four remaining wannabe stars Luca Della Casa, Lenny McNab, Sarah Penrod, Nicole Gaffney.
What do you remember about the show and its former winners?
1. The show experienced a name change during the seventh season. What was the name of the show prior to the change?
2. Who won, based on an audience vote, during Season 9?
3. Two winners were named in Season 1 and went on to host “Party Line with The Hearty Boys” together. Name them.
4. Which winner's dreams were dashed when she only produced six shows for the network before she had to relocate to France?
5. Season 4's third runner-up, Kelsey Nixon, ended up with a show on The Cooking Channel in 2010. What was the name of the show?
6. Which Season 5 runner-up hosted “United Tastes of America” on The Cooking Channel, also in 2010?
7. Probably the most famous of all the winners is which Season 2 winner who hosts “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives?”
Answers: 1. “The Next Food Network Star.” 2. Damaris Phillips. 3. Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh. 4. Amy Finley, Season 3 winner. 5. “Kelsey's Essentials.” 6. Jeffrey Saad. 7. Guy Fieri.