Statement issued Thursday:
The Salvation Army and Toys for Tots will be taking applications for their Christmas assistance programs October 12-22.
Families who are interested in receiving assistance this holiday season must apply in person at this time, only the legal guardian of the children may apply for assistance.
- October 12 & 19 applications for families whose last name begins with A-F
- October 13 & 20 applications for families whose last name begins with G-M
- October 14 & 21 applications for families whose last name begins with N-R
- October 15 & 22 applications for families whose last name begins with S-Z
- October 19 applications to those needing translators – they will be available the 18th, regardless of last name.
Doors will be open from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Individuals must come prepared with the following information in order to receive assistance:
• Photo ID (head of household/applicant)
• Social Security card for each member of the household
• Original Birth Certificates for all children under the age of 18
• Proof of all income and Proof of all expenses for the entire household
Questions? Contact The Salvation Army at (260) 744-2311 or www.safortwayne.org.
All families seeking Christmas assistance from The Salvation Army (including the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, and Adopt-A-Family programs) MUST apply at this time.
With community support, we look forward to helping all those in need throughout Fort Wayne this Christmas season. Please help us get the word out that now is the time