• Indiana University IT Training and Education workshops can be scheduled for alumni and other organizations in Bloomington, Indianapolis, or other locations to groups of 10, 20 or more people. For large groups, instruction can be adapted from a hands-on to lecture format. For more information and to register, call Sheila Glasgow at 1-800-334-1011 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Web Developer Cirrus ABS Netcentered Marketing Seminar will be 2-4:30 p.m. July 27 at the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center, 3201 Stellhorn Road. Presenters will be Cirrus ABS Founder and CEO Matt Nickols and COO, lead business analyst Mark Burke. The event is free and open to business owners, top executives, entrepreneurs, marketing and IT professionals and anyone who wants to improve the performance of their online marketing efforts. For more information, call Dale Allen Steinke at 407-1711.
• Women and Hi Tech Summer Networking Event will be 5-8:30 p.m. July 27 at Champps at Keystone at the Crossing, 8711 N. River Crossing, Indianapolis. RSVP at 1-317-656-2715 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Early-bird registration
for 2010 Indiana Logistics Summit ends July 31 for a savings of $50 off the registration fee of $250. The 2010 Indiana Logistics Summit will be Oct. 26 and 27 at the Historic Union Station, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Indianapolis. For more information, and to register online go to www.indianalogistics.com.
• Northeast Indiana Small Business Development Center Workshops will be How to Start a Business, 6-7:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at N.E. Indiana SBDC, 4312-B, Hobson Road. Cost is $25 and includes handouts and business feasibility software; Developing a
Market Analysis will be 6-7:30 p.m. Aug. 16 at N.E. Indiana SBDC, 4312-B Hobson Road and 1-2:30 p.m. Aug. 26 at the Wells County Chamber of Commerce, 211 W. Water St., Bluffton. The event is free and Funding Options & Financial Literacy for Small Business will be 11a.m.-12:30 p.m. Aug. 18 at the Kendallville Chamber of Commerce, 122 S. Main St., Kendallville. The event is free. Register for all the workshops at www.isbdc.org. For more information, call 481-0500.
• Executive Women's Luncheon will be 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 12 at Barnes & Thornburg, 11 S. Meridian St, 5th Floor, Indianapolis. Topic will be Office Politics and Business Ethics. The speaker will be Nancy Lorenzano, Ph.D. The event is free to members and $25 for nonmembers. For more information, call 1-317-656-2715.
• Builders Association of Northeast Indiana
Parade of Homes will be Aug. 12-15 and 19-22. Tickets are $6. For more information, call Lyndsey Osterholt at 665-8921.
• Northeast Purdue Agricultural Center Field Day will begin with registration at 8 a.m. Aug. 19 at 4821 E. 400 South, Columbia City. The event is free. Preregister at the Huntington County Extension office at 358-4826 by Aug. 16.
• Indiana Economic Development Corporation 41 “Companies to Watch” award ceremony will be Aug. 26 at the Indiana Roof Ballroom, Indianapolis. Tickets for the ceremony and dinner my be purchased online at www.indianactw.event brite.com/ or call 1-888-472-3244.
• Indiana Chamber of Commerce Nominations for the Indiana Small Business of the Year deadline is Sept. 7. Nomination forms are available online at www.indiana. For more information, call Cam Cater at 1-317-264-6892 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Northeast Indiana Human Resource Association kick-off meeting will be 11 a.m. Sept. 13 at the Fort Wayne Marriott in the Marquis Ballroom. Guest speaker will be Margaret N. Morford, president of The HR Edge. The topic will be “What Eagles Dare – The Critical Difference Between Managing and Leading.” For more information, or to register, go to http://NIHRA.SHRM.org.
Also, Northeast Indiana Human Resource Association meets at 11:30 a.m. the first Monday of each month at the Fort Wayne Marriott.
• Indiana Chamber Courses: 10-Hour OSHA Voluntary Compliance Course will be 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 17 and 7:30-11:30 a.m. Aug. 18 at the Indiana Chamber Conference Center at 115 W. Washington St., Suite 850S, Indianapolis. Cost: $599. 30-Hour OSHA
Voluntary Compliance Course will be 8 a.m-5 p.m. Aug. 17, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 18 and 19, and 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Aug. 20 at the Indiana Chamber Conference Center at 115 W. Washington St., Suite 850S, Indianapolis. Cost: $899. Register at www.indianachamber.com/conference or call 1-317-264-6885 or 1-800-824-6885.